Sunday, March 22, 2009

Goldmember is Officially Gelded !!

What a great start to spring! Fandango came home Sunday afternoon (to my parents farm) and settled right in. My mom said his neigh has already changed and he seems more mellow already. The full effect of testosterone loss won't happen for another month or two.
The surgery was successful. They recovered a fully developed right testicle that was way tucked up inside of Fandango. The fully development would explain his behavior. He will be on 5 to 7 days of stall rest and then he can start light work. He will stay at my parents until this Sunday where he will be moved to a new barn. Archie will be coming with him as he is coming to the city for the summer so we can start his eventing career!

This is all like a dream come true for me. I saw something in Fandango that no one else saw. If I hadn't of scooped him up he would have ended up at the auction...and then I'm sure we all know where he would have ended up in the end. Over the last year Fandango has developed into an amazing little pony. He only had one thing holding him back, and luckily - that thing was fixable. Now that the chip that weighed so heavily on his withers is gone, I can only begin to dream about what this pony is going to do. I have a private sponsor who also sees the potential in him and is helping me fund his boarding and lesson costs so I can continue to work both him and Archie throughout the summer.

I have not made a show schedule or goal plan for Fandango this summer yet, as my number one priority has always been to get him this surgery. Now that the surgery is completed and was a success, we can start to decide what exactly we will be doing. I'm just so excited to have my "new" Fandango here.

I want to say thank you for everyone who has helped me get Fandango to this point. My best friend John who has always gone out of his way to be there to trailer, and care for Fandango when I'm at work, my sister for setting up his appointment and dealing with the vet for me, my parents for picking him up and stabling him while he recovers, my vet for being so AWESOME and fixing my pony, GB stables for housing him temporarily before his surgery, my sponsor for believing in us, and all my friends who supported me and did not tell me to just "dump the horse". Thank you guys, I love you!!!

7 comments:

  1. Poor fandango no longer can we call him quagmire :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad he is ok... was wondering about him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great, I am glad for him and you.
    How exciting to start your career now with him. You are so positive, and to have a sponsor undergirding you, Priceless!
    Kac

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful horse and a what a lovely name! I hope he has fun dancing around and playing the castanets (how he's going to manage with hooves, I've no idead :-D!).

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely completely random reader here via a husky list, lol. But I enjoyed reading Fandango's story. What a lucky pony to have had you save him like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh thank you so much! I think he knows he is a lucky, but he also has done a lot for me. Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you have something to share!  I love hearing from readers <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...