Monday, August 10, 2009

One Thing I HATE About Being a Libra

"A Libran female is total woman, complete with the charming manners and delightful elegance. She can also argue with the convincing male logic and beat you at any argument. However, the male side may come in front of you after sometime. Debate attracts her and she weighs both sides of the situation with total fairness. A Libra girl may start an argument alone and finish it alone, with your contribution being only some occasional comments. While she is arguing with you, she may smile every now and then." I Love India

I don't know about you, but I am very true to my star sign. Some of the traits that are supposed to be traditional to a Libra are me to - a - T. The common traits:


Positive Traits

• Diplomatic and urbane
• Romantic and charming
• Easygoing and sociable
• Idealistic and peaceable


Negative Traits

• Indecisive and changeable
• Gullible and easily influenced
• Flirtatious and self-indulgent

Libra Love Traits

  • Librans are quite expressive about their feelings. They will exhibit their love for you in many ways.

  • They are very considerate and loving.

  • They wait for their true love and once they find them, they are very loyal.

  • They are peace loving people and do not create chaos.

  • They are highly romantic and very passionate.

Libra Likes: gentleness, sharing, conviviality and the "finer" things of life

Libra Dislikes: injustice, violence, brutishness, disharmony, quarrels and bad manners


I would have to say my most libra-ish traits are my indecisiveness, and my strong connection with love. Libra's are very romantic, and passionate...naturally, since they are ruled by Venus.



"There is no doubt that Libras enjoy being in love and the sexy, shimmery sheen which this blessed state can bring. Love is a beautiful affair for the Scales, and as one who admires beauty in themselves and others and seeks pleasure, it's hard to imagine a better place to be. A Libran is a stylish conquest and can make the art of love a sensual state for both partners. Librans tend to prefer a lover stronger than them, perhaps one who can teach them about themselves and help make them a more evolved lover. It's all in keeping with the Scales' desire to appear fair and do what's best for everyone. "

So, to put it simply, Libras love to be in love, and love to give love. But why is this a problem? Simple. As a Libra, sometimes I have a hard time filtering out those people who I really shouldn't be falling for. In my head I can't see the things that say "bad idea" to everyone else. I just get all movie story line eyed and think things can work no matter what if two people want it bad enough. I don't meet people who interest me that often, but when I do they tend to be men who are just inappropriate for an obvious reason; like they live half way around the world, or we are in two totally different places in our life. It's very stupid to think these situations can work but for some reason my brain tells me they can - because my heart won't let it believe otherwise. I like to blame this on me being a Libra.

Along with thinking there are no boundaries in who you can love, being a Libra means I put it all on line. I always give %110, and maybe that scares some people, but that's who I am. Libra's are honest and diplomatic. They do not play games with others emotions, and nor do I. If I like someone I tell them. If I'm confused I confront them, and if I love someone, I love them. It's not a game, it's not a lie. It's a true emotion, that doesn't die. My problem here of course, is that I get all googly-eyed for someone, who I should never even let myself get attached to in the first place, and set myself up for months of anguish when it inevitably and unsurprisingly comes crashing down. It takes me a long time to get over someone. Once I have feelings of sentiment towards them, I feel lost when they aren't around. I also feel stupid for ever believing anything so ridiculous could have ever worked.

By then it is too late. I have a hard time letting go, and moving on. Every time I see them, I think about the time spent together. I think about how unfair life is that we can't be in the right situation to make it work. It's mostly a selfish thing, because I want to be with them now, and can't bear the thought of someone else eventually getting to be that persons girl. I want to be their girl because I feel I am the only person who sees just HOW great they are. I hold on way too long every time because my Libra brain keeps me thinking that somehow, someday, it could work. I'm going to guess that Noah in The Notebook was a Libra too. I'm sure there is more to it than my zodiac sign, but for now I will just sit here, wishing, waiting, for a Noah of my own.


See this blog post about Libras compatibility, it's cute: Matthew The Astrologer


Some More Libra Traits:

"Librans are sensitive to the needs of others and have the gift, sometimes to an almost psychic extent, of understanding the emotional needs of their companions and meeting them with their own innate optimism - they are the kind of people of whom it is said, "They always make you feel better for having been with them." They are very social human beings. They loathe cruelty, viciousness and vulgarity and detest conflict between people, so they do their best to cooperate and compromise with everyone around them, and their ideal for their own circle and for society as a whole is unity."

"In their personal relationships they show understanding of the other person's point of view, trying to resolve any differences by compromise, and are often willing to allow claims against themselves to be settled to their own disadvantage rather than spoil a relationship. They like the opposite sex to the extent of promiscuity sometimes, and may indulge in romanticism bordering on sentimentality."



"Their marriages, however, stand a good chance of success because they are frequently the union of "true minds". The Libran's continuing kindness toward his or her partner mollifies any hurt the latter may feel if the two have had a tiff. Nor can the Libran's spouse often complain that he or she is not understood, for the Libran is usually the most empathetic of all the zodiacal types and the most ready to tolerate the beloveds failings." astrology-online


"Libras are one of the most admired signs in the zodiac because of their kindness and compassion towards others. They make wonderful friends and great lovers who make you feel loved and appreciated."

1 comment:

  1. Well there...seems that definitions can be buffuddling sometimes..I rather do not like to defined by the star signs. I balk at boxes(like my mare) and though the traits of mine(in the star signs) seem to be close to me..maybe I still don't like it too!
    My Bday was last Saturday...and it really hurt coming off the mare..but I am reaping some genuinly unique...and lovley surprize happenings because I am stopped from filling up the time, being away.

    Take care...I like your traits!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you have something to share!  I love hearing from readers <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...