Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Supplement or Illegal Narcotic? - Is That What I Think it is?

I had a pretty boring weekend. I worked in the mornings and rode, but Sunday turned into one big joke. You see, the night before I FINALLY remembered to pick up some Red Raspberry Leaves. Before Fandango had his surgery, someone had recommended raspberry leaves to me, to help keep his hormones in check. They are easy to find, and cheap so I figured there was no harm in trying! I had him on them every day until I started him on Depo when his testosterone started to get a bit out of hand.

Now that he has been properly gelded, I decided to put him back on them to help with whatever testosterone is left in his system, and see if it would make any difference. The only problem? Every time I leave the barn - I completely forget to pick them up...but not this weekend. This weekend, after months of forgetting, I finally remembered to go to the health food store. I picked up a huge bag full of shredded red raspberry leaves for 5 bucks and went on my way. I was just so happy I remembered, small accomplishments for some are great feats for others you know.


Onwards I went to have lunch with a friend. We dined at a delicious fish and chips hut and enjoyed the coffee and gossip. There were two young people working, and another young man who came in to chat with them. Upon leaving the restaurant, the young man was standing in the doorway of the exit smoking. I looked at him and said "do you think you could move, and NOT smoke right in the doorway?".

He didn't hear me, but I wanted him to. I walked over to my car and I hear "Excuse me, miss?" I turned around and looked at him. He blurts out "That's not what I think it is on the floor of your front seat is it?" I look at him very puzzled, then I look at the floor. I see a huge bag of cut up green herbs, and burst out laughing.

"Ah - NO", I say. He proceeds with; "Good, because I'm taking police foundations and if I were a cop, I would arrest you on the spot".

I rebut with "well, clearly you still have a lot to learn - BUD". He stares at me, knowing not what to say. I get in the car and look at my friend. WTF was THAT? Who is this kid? WHY was he across the parking lot looking in my car on the floor? Does he think he's a cop already and is power tripping on the thought of his first class of Police Foundations? I drove away and lost control - with the giggles.


Who are these people and why are they so nosey. Yes guy, I drive around with a massive bag of marijuana on front seat for the world to see and enjoy. Then I admit it to you when you are being a nosey buggar so you can arrest me in your fantasy rent a cop life. Weird. o.




4 comments:

  1. A police apprentice sometimes feels more powerful than an actual police officer, mind. Scary story. Wish your horse better.

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha! Too funny, truly!
    I know that they can be exspensive but the Raspberry leaves work really well for us! Hope that Your boy feels better too~
    KK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Different body requires different nutrition, so it is advisable to consult first with a physician before taking any supplements. Everyone should bare in mind that aside from taking supplements, one must be conscious of his diet and daily activities to live a healthy lifestyle.
    -----
    The Right Place. The Right Time

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the same vein, herbal supplements should be used with caution! Any healthy natural supplements to grow taller, without proper doctor acknowledgement and governement authority approbation sounds really fishy to me.trenorol

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you have something to share!  I love hearing from readers <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...