Friday, October 16, 2009

The Horses of Cuba



So, since the weather is being ridiculous right now, I was thinking about my trips to Cuba and
hopefully my trip in the very near future. I thought I would share some pictures of the horses of
Cuba. I actually had a bunch that I took of conformation and all that but one of my Cuban amigos deleted all my pictures. Thank you! LOL

I love the horses down there. They are all small, not quite ponies but little horses with great feet and lots of movement. They are super tough, brave and athletic. I have this dream of starting a farm down there making little event horses and exporting them to the US, Canada and Europe. It would be attached to a bed and breakfast style resort so when people wanted to try one of the horses they could do it in conjunction with their holidays. It would be ultimate horse shopping experience. I think it's a great idea...maybe some day.



This was my horse...he was so lazy

Such a cute eye on him

Me and the trail guide...he's putting my camera on the horn.


Beautiful beaches everywhere...


What a great little guy. I think they would make super kids event mounts.

This next guy is my favorite, hunter anyone?


We had an altercation....he tried to kick me and I tried to punish him with my glare.

Couldn't stay mad for long...what a cutie.


They get along well for a bunch of studs!


This is Fletcher...Alicia was allowed to drive him around for awhile. So much fun.


A horse tied up at the gas station...enjoying the shade




Check out that brand!


My first time in Cuba....our guide let us off on our own.


Paradise anyone?



The mare and foal beside the resort...tied to a rope. They are all tied that way.


She was so beautiful and extremely sweet.


The baby!
Looks like a great life to me ...someday I'll join them.


4 comments:

  1. they look like polo ponies to me! (or in my case polocrosse).
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marvellous photos and a jolly good rider you seem to be, too, if you don't mind my saying so.

    Many thanks.

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great pictures. Reminds me of the horses we rode in Jamaica. I miss clear blue water:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting how the horses live compared to those in the US. People here would freak out if they saw a horse tied like that, but those horses have learned not to strangle or maim themselves. Also cool to see a bunch of stallions being used and working and being intact still. Great post.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you have something to share!  I love hearing from readers <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...