Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Lot Can Happen in a Year



Well..the title says it all. It hasn't quite been a
year, but just about since I last blogged. It's been like a haunting weight over my shoulder, the need to get back online and share my thoughts, and adventures. I am finally at a place in my life where I can dedicate some time and get back into it. My blog was always a place where I felt I could share all my thoughts, and hopes. I could say things that would support me throughout my daily grind, and if I thought of something interesting during the day, I would always thinks, "ooo, I could blog about that". To put it simply, I have truly missed being on here, and I am really hoping to keep at it.

Nearly a year has gone by, and a lot has happened. I have loved, and lost. I have loved again. I have strengthened bonds with my family, and tightened friendships with lost friends. I have met so many new people who have expanded my mind on life and what makes you happy, and how to be successful. I have lost best friends, and poured my sorrow over (many) bottles of wine, and I have celebrated a new chapter of my life with some champagne and tears. I have discovered a love of reading, and a new appreciation for those who follow their dreams. A lot can happen in a year. I mean just look how big and fat Broo is :)

So, last Thursday October 7th I took the leap and became a wife. Something I never really wanted in the past, or thought would happen. It's funny how meeting the right person can change everything. I have also decided that life is too short to not do what you love. I do like my job, but I refuse to spend the next 30 years being treated like actual garbage by clients who I bend over backwards for. It's a means to an end for now, but in the next couple of years I want to expand my education and go back to school with a long term goal of a new career.

This next year is going to be full of new adventures and exciting changes. For now, I am going to be nesting for the winter, riding my boys every day and prepping them for the 2011 Season. I have learnt a lot about myself, and although I do not feel as though I have changed, I feel like I am finally now able to be who I was, before I was entangled in those toxic relationships. I am happy to be at the place I am right now, and look forward to blogging my little heart out.



4 comments:

  1. Omigoodness I was wondering where you were!! Welcome back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks hun...it's good to be back, was just looking through your beach pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow congrats! I was wondering what happened to you too!

    Your other dog looks sooo similar to my parents Aussie/Lab mix, Trooper. He's so cute.

    Glad you are back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! Nice to see improvements in your life. And congrats on your marriage, too.

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you have something to share!  I love hearing from readers <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...