Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Will Persistance and Patience Equal Success?




Success.  It is bred in you?  Is it trained into you?  Can you create your own success?  Perhaps, it is a little bit of all these things.  Archie's half brother knows success, wining the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness.  I can hope and attribute these things to his good breeding and dream Archie will have success as great, but I know better.  I believe hard work, dedication, and plain ol' big dreams can get you where you want to go.

  It has been about 4 years now that I have had Archie.  2 of those years consisted of me working overseas, travelling, and being in school so he sat in a field and was ridden only a few weeks at a time months apart.  The last 7 or 8 months I have really been working hard on getting Archie prepared for competition.  He has great dressage schooling from the year I was at the dressage barn and was in regular lessons, the jumping was not coming along so well for a while there.  I had a few lessons last summer and Archie improved suddenly, unfortunately my funds were lacking at that time and I just couldn't keep up with them.

  Over the winter, I set my goals into place now that my life is a bit more stable (no pun intended) ;).  I have been riding every day and if I'm not riding I'm my parents farm working on improvements.  I have immersed myself in the horse world.  Eat, sleep, work, HORSE, not quite in that order.  To top it all off my best friend from high school that I rode with all the time just moved home and has a new baby horse so we have been having horse sleep overs ALL. THE. TIME.  I can't explain how great it has been to have my friend back to ride with!  Even better because our horses are at the about the same level, hers; young and green....mine; middle aged and crazy.

  After some major struggling and admitting near defeat, we had a break through at the Sinead Halpin clinic and haven't looked back.  Things are going so well that I picked our first event for June 26th...about 3 weeks away, still lots of time to confirm our work and  make sure we are truly prepared. Well, my friend Dana messaged me that she was going to enter at a local Club Show for this Saturday.  They have english and western classes, but the english classes are first thing in the morning and start at the cross rail level.  So, we decided we would enter our two in the cross rail, 2", and 2'3" hunters.   The show is very low key, and the courses should be nice and simple, classes are only $2 a class!  This will be a great first show experience for both our horses!  No pressure, it's nice and close by, and there probably won't be a whole lot of people there in the morning.


  Here we go!  We have officially 3 days until our first show.  All the time, work, sweat and tears.  This will be the test at whether we are ready to go out and compete, or whether we need more time in the ring, more travelling around schooling, more time in general.  I don't expect to win, I don't even care if I place.  I just wan't to have a positive first showing experience with my horse.  A horse who is destined for success.


3 comments:

  1. How exciting, good luckat the show
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck at the show! Can't wait to hear how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you much success at your show. I'm sure you will do well and have a blast (just remember to breathe:)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you have something to share!  I love hearing from readers <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...