Sunday, October 9, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

  
Today is my 28th birthday.  This has been a great year of getting my life back on track, and everything has been slowly but surely falling into place.  My greatest achievements were making it through my first year of marriage (1st anniversary 2 days ago), and finally being able to get out eventing full time this summer, with Archie at that.  It really has been a fabulous summer.


  For my birthday I decided to get myself a nice present, a winter project if you will.  The best part about my present is that it was given to me from a good friend of mine with the whopping price tag of FREE.  I know what they say, never trust a free horse, but my instinct is saying go for this one.  Oops, did I give away the surprise? :)   Without further ado, I introduce the newest member to our family, William.

He's just turned 4.
Sure he's scragly....
Sure he has a massive wormy looking belly...
sure he is majorly in need of a trim...
and sure he has no muscle tone or training whatsoever...
 But he's got a great pedigree....
An adorable face....
An enormous appetite... 
and a very kind and quiet temperament.
With a little grooming.... 
and lots of love....
he just could be something really special...
  and boy you should see this little guy JUMP!  He's 3/4 Thoroughbred and 1/4 Trakehner, registered part Trakehner with the ATA.  His sire is Tagaelen, a very nice looking guy here in Ontario.  So this is my winter project, if he works out then I will have another potential event horse on my hands, and if he doesn't go that route I may end up selling him down the road.  I have a feeling he will be staying for a while though :)


Found this guy in the field...


Big Mike.

  Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends and family!  XX

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!! The new guy looks very promising. Lot's of luck to you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea!! Happee Birthday!
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new pony! He's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is ADORABLE. happy birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to you!
    What a wonderful present!! He is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a little late... but happy birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated b-day and anniversary! And what an awesome gift! He's beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you have something to share!  I love hearing from readers <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...