Saturday, December 10, 2011

Product Review - Kity Lake Yard Boots!




  As an eventer, you just can't escape the fad of the Dubarry boots.  As a young woman working my way through my life to support my love eventing, you just can't escape the price tag of those Dubarrys either.  I know they are probably worth it, but I just could never convince myself to shell out my hard earned coin on a pair of muck boots. So, when the good people at Equestrian Clearance offered me a trial pair of Kity lake Yard Boots, I jumped at the chance.


  I patiently waited for them to arrive from the UK.  Once here I took them out of the box and examined them  Just like the web site said "The Lake boots are made from nubuck leather and feature a lace up detail at the top of the boots. The leather has been treated to be water resistant and there is also a waterproof yet breathable inner membrane.  They have a durable yet lightweight rubber sole with a comfy padded insole. The boots also feature a small elasticated gusset at the top for extra flexibility."



  I was a bit worried whether the boots would fit, as I have really big calves and usually need a wide or extra wide.  They pulled on nicely, and were snug, but fit with jeans and riding pants underneath.  You can tell they are high quality as they were a bit stiff to being with and took a few weeks to break in, like any good leather boot.  They have the most comfortable sole, and I was in immediate boot heaven with these boots.


  I have worn them to muck stalls, bring horses in, hiking in the woods, to the store, and even riding.  They have held up perfectly from everyday use.  I find them very warm, even with the temperature dipping to -5 C the last few nights.  I have not had cold toes yet, and I haven't had the need to whip out the wool socks either!



  I have tested out the waterproofness of these boots many times.  Including walking into the lake at beach when I was leading Archie in to get his feet wet.  They have kept my feet exceptionally dry.  No water has gotten in and the boots have not been effected at all from being submerged.  Major plus!  I also have been riding in my Kity Lake Yard Boots almost every day and they are actually a joy to ride in.  I don't notice much difference from them and my field boots.



  Overall I give these boots an A++ and I would recommend them to any equestrian, but not only riders - any one who spends time in the outdoors!  I can not tell you how many compliments I have received on how good these boots look.  They are the ultimate in function and fashion, without losing an arm in the cost.


  Thanks, Equestrian Clearance!  You can "Like" them on Facebook too :) 
  

13 comments:

  1. OOOOohhh! I like these!!! I was wanting dubarrys...but these look scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look really nice! And a great price too! And they sound just as good as Dubarrys! Definitely know what I will be buying the slate/nubuck with my Christmas money haha! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great, but how easy are they to clean? Bearing in mind that we're all wading through six inches of mud here for six months of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are pretty much self cleaning, I've been wading through the mud plenty and the mud hasn't stuck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are way cool! I love the look of them! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Checking the price right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. "....first and foremost, love the boots and like you, I couldn't justify spending the $$$$ that Dubarry wants for theirs. Moreover, I was thrilled to discover Equestrian Clearance via the link on your blog; however, I'm wondering how easy (or hard) was the process of ordering from the UK and what about shipping? I too have discovered some great UK tack/clothing sites and have found some savings plus some unique items not found here in the states but every time I checked shipping, I was stunned at the cost!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Actually since I do a lot of shopping on eBay, UK items usually take about 3 weeks to arrive. Not too bad. The shipping is never more than the same to ship throughout North America. Very reasonsable.

    Equestrian Clearance have been great to deal with!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice boots! How are they holding up after a couple months? Still keeping your feet dry?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Easily, the article is actually the best topic on this registry related issue. I fit in with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your next updates. Just saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the fantasti c lucidity in your writing. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates. Equestrian Clearance

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you have something to share!  I love hearing from readers <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...