Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Blogging Awards!


 I have received two awards from fellow bloggers, and I am finding the time to say THANK YOU!  And pass them along.

From
My Life With Flyball Dogs, I recieved the Kreativ Blogger Award;


 



For this award, I am supposed to share 10 things you may not know about me, my dogs, my horses;

1.   I was an actress for a few years, in several movies and T.V Shows.  I gave it up because it was too difficult to be on set and have horses.  I have rubbed elbows with quite a few celebrities.
2.  Broo is named after the English Sheep Dog on the Canadian Classic Childrens cartoon The Raccoons.
3.  Archie was sold for around $50,000 as a yearling.  I paid $1000 for him 6 years later.
4.  I lived in Scotland and Ireland for a period of time, working at Eventing yards.
5.  Broo is epileptic.
6.  Archies brother is
War Emblem, who won the Kentucky Derby and Preakness..but tripped coming out of the gate at the Belmont.  He was sold as a breeding stallion to Japan for 19 Million dollars.
7.  I have been riding for 22 years, eventing for 17.
8.  Broo was the result of an accident.  A farmers Border Collie/Blue Heeler was bred with a loose Australian Shepherd, which was the farmers neighbours, top show dog.
9.   Archie loves having his chin scratched.  I caught him scratching his chin on a tree branch in the field last week.

10. I secretly believe Broo is the reincarnation of my teenage best friend (dog), Ben.


Now, for the passing on of the award to six blogs I enjoy;


A Collection of Madcap Escapades
The Adventures of Lucy
The Chronicals of Cardigan
Two French Bulldogs
I Still Want More Puppies
Simply Horse Crazy

The other award I recieved was from Dancing Horses, who awarded me with the Liebster Award.


Here are the "rules" for this award:

Liebster means “dearest” in German, and the award is intended to help up-and-coming blogs get the attention they deserve. As with any award, there is a bit of ceremony involved. In order to accept the award, we must do the following:
1. Copy and paste the award on our blog
2. Link back to the blogger who gave us the award
3. Pick our five favorite blogs with less than 200 followers, and leave a comment on their blog to let them know they have received the award.
4. Hope that the five blogs chosen will keep spreading the love and pass it on to five more blogs
The blogs I am passing this award on to are:

Confessions of an AA Eventer...
A Teens Dressage Dream
Bailey Be Good
Adventures With Shyloh
Contact

Please take the award and pass it on!

 Obviously, I love many more blogs that I can't include.  Thanks again for passing these awards onto me!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the award! Now I have something to share tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - thank you so much! I just posted about my other awards today - I'm going to update right now and add a thank you to you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your award!
    I am getting my award post ready for this weekend, and I have included you for one of them:)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live just south of where Secretariat was born and raised - in fact, I'll be on what used to be the farm this Saturday (for a dog show of all things). It is very cool that you have such experience and connections in horses. And that you got to live in Scotland and Ireland. I want to go there one day!

    Thanks so much for the award and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, congratulations! I love your blog, and I love learning about horses. Good to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you have something to share!  I love hearing from readers <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...