Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Libra Looking Ahead to 2012

  


  I'm not one to make yearly goals for myself.  I more or less dream towards the future and just know that what I want will become reality some day.  I do however, think it is good to have goals to aspire to.  To help keep you focused and give you drive.  This year I will jot down some ideas of what I want to accomplish and maybe what some of my bigger, long term goals are.




  First and foremost I want to pay off all my debt! I am almost there, getting so close I can taste it but not quite there yet.  I don't have much left (besides my car but I don't count that).  I have been a good girl and paying off anything I owe at a steady rate and that has definitely helped.  




 One of the bigger lifestyle changes for me will be my attempt to become a vegetarian.  I have succeeded from my start date of January 1st so far.  It is amazing how hard it is to decide what to eat when you aren't eating meat.  I am not a true vegetarian as I will still eat fish and seafood.  I do obviously love animals, but my real reasoning is the stomach pain I experience a lot of the time.  I read quite a bit on how hard it is for the body to digest meat and I just got the idea to give it a try.  So far I have been feeling better.  It will be interesting to see if I can stick with it and if it will help.




 Horse wise, I am planning on upgrading Archie to the Pre-Training (3ft) level here in Ontario at our first event pending things are going well when show season starts.  My ideal scenario would be doing a couple of training levels before the fall but that all depends on how the jumping is going.  The height and fear factor are not a problem.  Straightness and control are our number one enemy that I vow to defeat.  This is my big goal with Archie.  I would love to be in the top 3 for the province again this year but that is more a bonus of a good show season.  As any eventer would hope, I hope to maintain our clear cross country record and improve our dressage score.


  As for William, my goal is to have him going consistently and start him over fences by the summer.  I want to get him to at least one event, and a few schooling shows.  It is much to soon to predict whether this is doable but I am going to give it my best shot.  I mostly want to make sure he has consistent, positive training throughout the year.




  Blogwise, my goal is to post a little more often and stay up to date on all my favourite blogs I follow.  I really REALLY want to get a nice camera this year.  We will see if the funds allow for this in the future. I also want to keep my lesson journal current and up to date.  I think that could become valuable in looking back on progress over the years.


 In my personal life, I want to pursue my writing a bit more, and possibly take some online courses later in the year with the long term goal of finishing my degree.  My biggest dream, that I have had for who knows how long I can't even remember - is to lose my property virginity and become a first time farm owner.  This dream may becoming a reality sooner than expected, but I'm not counting any chickens before they hatch.
  It's a good month to be a Libra!

11 comments:

  1. I like you idea of aspiring towards goals, that is much better than setting them.
    It sounds like you have some great goals to aspire here this year! I wish you the best:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to you and your horses. I wish good health for you and them. Those are very ambitious goals and i am sure most if not all will come true!! Stay motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Useful info. Thank you for sharing. Visit www.petsitting.com for your pet sitting needs.
    Dog sitting San Diego

    ReplyDelete
  4. Regarding Stomach pain; I used to have a lot of that, but it mostly went away after I gave up Diet Coke. The Artificial sweetener, aspertame, is toxic. So if you drink diets drinks, you may want to read up on that. Just a hint from a fellow blogger. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do drink diet coke and have been weaning myself off it for a while now. I find it the hardest thing to quit! We have vowed to stop buying it in the house so that should help. Thanks for the pointer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a vegetarian, but I don't eat red meat. That might be a good place to start if you're having trouble. I sat at my desk when I was 12 years old and I wrote out a list of all the meats I would no longer eat in purple Crayola marker, and handed it to my mom. I've been red meat free since that time. I found the same thing as you - meat never makes my stomach happy.

    Love the goal for losing your property virginity. I'll probably have to wait another year, but it's definitely on my horizon as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Emme - I had a Diet Coke addiction too! I cut down (no more than one per day), and now that I've gotten used to it I find I don't crave it like I used to, so it's more rare that I drink it.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous creatures! I saw War Horse not too long ago and I just have a whole new appreciation for horses (not that I didn't love them before).

    All the best for your 2012 goals! I kicked Diet Coke once - then I took up coffee. I cannot go without caffeine. But you can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you have some great goals. I especail hope you get your debt paid off and become a ranch owner...that would be awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I envy you who have all kicked the Diet Coke habit....I am trying here!

    I still have my coffee, only one a day though ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you have something to share!  I love hearing from readers <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...