Monday, January 30, 2012

Where Have All the Bloggers Gone?

  



  I follow quite a number of blogs, and I try my best to not miss any posts.  If I don't get to them during the week, I usually take some time one day a week to catch up on what I've missed.  I was doing a clean up of my blogroll Friday night; getting rid of blogs that no longer post, and was surprised by all the abandoned blogs.  Maybe it shouldn't have come as such a surprise to me, since I have stepped away from my blog on more than one occasion, but I always came back.


 I started wondering what happened to these bloggers.  Some had sporadic posts to begin with so it didn't seem that out of character, while others posted daily, had many followers, and were active in the blogging community. One blog I saw had a Merry Christmas post as their last post.  Maybe they made a new years resolution to step away from the computer?  I can't help but feel sad that they have abandoned their blogs.  I am sure they are just fine without them, but I still can't help but wonder.



  Thankfully, some of the blogs that I had not seen an update on in a while had just been moved to a new site, and I missed the announcement when I was taking my blogging break.  It's been nice to catch up on what has been happening with those blogs.  


 What do you think has happened to these bloggers?  Have you lost any blogger friends and not known where they have gone?  I wish they would post a goodbye, or at least let us know they are ok.  I wish I could tell them we are missing them here in Bloggerville.



13 comments:

  1. Woof! Woof! I'm still here ... just moved our blog to WP. We can totally relate the difficulty of catching up reading n commenting on blogs. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been blogging about riding for about a whole year now and have noticed a lot of people dropping off my blogroll as well. I am a HJ rider but mainly follow eventers (mainly because i think a lot of HJ don't blog,) nonetheless I am still on the prowl for more blogs to follow to replace the ones that don't update!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've noticed it as well. I always just have to assume life caught up with them, and they forgot about the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're still here too! It's gotten a little busy here with a children's book out on the FiveSibes™ & Canine Epilepsy campaign, but we're here and trying to catch up too! I did notice a few less blogs, too, but I think some did move, and one was thinking about not blogging anymore. I noticed some not updating too, but I think we all get sidetracked by life sometimes so we're all in the same boat! I love all the blogs and stories & photos - like yours! - and wish I could keep up with them every day! It's nice to hear others noticed too, so it's not just me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear this too. Even if I don't comment, I am always reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those bloggys probably fired those assistants. Where did all those bloggys go. We cleaned up ours too
    Bennyv& Lily

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I've lost some blog friends to attrition and it makes me sad. I keep saying I'm going to go and comment on all those blogs just to tell them I think about them....but then again, I can't even keep up with my blog friends who are still posting. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear ya. There is one blog that has no posted since last spring, and I keep checking to see if they are going to. Guess one day soon I will have to remove them from my list. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel the same way... I miss some bloggie friends. :(

    Woofs & hugs, <3

    ~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey! If you are still interested in one of my OTTB.T's let me know, I'm super happy to mail to Canada :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I use to blog at work during quiet periods, but now work has gotten to busy and when I get home I'm so beat. But I plan to blog more.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've noticed that too... I do often wish for a parting post, just so I know everything is okay!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i'm still here.not sure if you follow mine,but if you do.i just haven't really had anything to blog about lately.
    did one tonite.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you have something to share!  I love hearing from readers <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...