Thursday, February 23, 2012

Do you Believe In...


 The Law of Attraction?


  I do.  If you have read The Secret you will know what I am talking about.  The idea that if you focus all your energy and thoughts onto something; you can achieve your goals, obtain your dreams, and get everything you want out of life.  The key is to use visualization, and surround yourself with thoughts and even material objects related to whatever your goal may be.  Do you ever get that thing that happens; say, you are thinking about something, and BOOM, that person calls, that thing shows up on TV...whatever it may be, and you say to yourself, weird,I was JUST thinking about that!  Could that be the Law of Attraction? I am not here to tote self help books or movies, but just share my thoughts on this idea.


 When I was in high school I really wanted to break into the world of modelling and acting.  I spent hours online researching, reading, talking to people who had done what I wanted to do.  I was completely enamoured with the idea, and even went to talent and scouting searches.  I quickly learned these were most money grabs, and no matter how badly I wanted to get there, I didn't have the money.  One February afternoon, I was at the Toronto Auto Show when a man approached me and told me I had the "perfect face for TV".  He gave me his card and told me he could get me in contact with some agents in the city.  My friends were sceptical, and the only money I had to put out was for head shots.  Within a month I was working on my first movie set.  I had countless promotional modelling gigs and was getting called every day to be on set for a few TV series being filmed in Toronto.


  I never knew it then, but I am sure it was amount of focus that brought me into the industry I wanted to be a part of so badly.  My friends would always tell me how "lucky" I was, but that really annoyed me because I had worked SO hard to get there.  Spent so many hours, weeks, months learning, making contacts, working a midnight job to pay the bills while I tried to get started.  You can create your own destiny, the way is not paved in Gold for you, but if you focus on what really matters, it will come to you.


  I can tell the same stories of how I came to acquire Archie, Fandango, but the point of this whole tirade is to show how we acquired our farm. YES! OUR farm!  Jesse and I have officially entered the world of farm ownership.  That farm that was eluding us?  It is now ours.  You could say I have spent the last few months stalking the farm.  Looking at it online, driving by it on the way home (it's only 7 kms from my parents house), talking about it to everyone I know and posting about it on here.  I just felt if I could focus enough of my energy on it, I could bring it into my life.  I was visualizing what I would use each room for, where I would turn the horses out, and all the things I could do to the barn.  A new tack room, an outside grooming stall, a cross country course...


  Anyways, I think it worked.  We are now going to be the proud owners of 17 beautiful acres of horsey heaven.  Closing date is March 31st, and all that is left is to think of a name!  I can now share some photos taken last fall for the sale listing;


The house.

It goes back much further than this from the road.
Fenced backyard for the poochies!
  
The heated workshop attached to the barn.
Saltwater POOL!!!
Inside the barn - 4 stalls, plus one extra in another area.
   
One of the nice run in sheds.
Another small paddock with run-in.



Round pen, and pony included in sale. Pony going to my parents :)
Laneway to the outdoor ring.
Paddock overlooking the ring.

My favorite part!!
*drools*
Enough room for a dressage ring and jumping ring! Whoo!!

 Was it the law of attraction, or just hard work and a little bit of luck that brought us our dream? Tell me what you think!


 Also, name suggestions greatly appreciated :)


22 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS! It looks absolutely perfect! No name suggestions, but congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! The place looks beautiful - love that ring.

    I think it's probably at least part law of attraction that got you to this point. But obviously your own hard work and perseverance has a major part to play.

    I have the same feelings you expressed when people said I was "so lucky" to study overseas. I worked my butt off and took out massive loans. No luck involved. I like to think I'm master of my own fortunes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks amazing.i am so jealous. That arena is to die for. Comgrats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! It's beautiful! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! Congratulations to you!!!
    It is just beautiful!
    I think it was a bit of all that you mentioned, laws of attraction, hard work and your desire to succeed!
    I could use you positive energy over here in my world:)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for all the congrats! Easy to see why i was so in love with it eh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome!! Congrats! It is so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am drooling, too. What a wonderful find. It looks so pristine!
    The name thing is so hard. Silly or serious? My friend has "Wit's End Farm" another has "Lazy Acres Ranch"
    Since it is a dream come true, you could go with something like "Rainbow's End Farm". You could name it for a feature on the property. You could use your names and initials. So many options.
    I just google "Names for Farms" and came up with a few sites that might help you pick some you like.
    Thanks for stopping by and linking to my blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is fabulous! It looks like a perfect place.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGGG that looks like perfection! Salt water pool.JEALOUS!! I totally believe in that thinking, I mean, like it's not even an option to NOT belive it in my eyes. WOW..congrats on that property. That arena=todiefor!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is gorgeous!!!! Congrats on a dream come true. Perhaps you could call it Dream Ranch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy cow, it's got everything including a salt water pool!

    Dreams come true ranch, heavens gate, meant to be farm, sky's the limit, good karma ranch, etc....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! It looks like a beautiful property; indeed a horsey heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely wonderful! I'm so happy for you guys! :)

    I loved the "Rainbow's End" suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh! If I got to live here I think I may just die.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi from Italy =)
    I'm a show jumping lady rider
    really nice blog!

    keep in touch
    www.iconadeironchi.com
    www.facebook.com/IconaDeiRonchi

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow congrats, that place looks perfect! That ring is indeed drool-worthy!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow! How wonderful for you! I know you're about to float from excitement. :)

    You are definitely determined!

    (I'm not familiar with salt water pools - just the chlorine variety. Sounds beachy!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. The quantity of dog food you feed your dog depends on the age, weight and activity level. Check the instruction on the back of dog food pack or confirm from your veterinarian to know how much amount of dog food your dog should be eating.
    dog food

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you have something to share!  I love hearing from readers <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...