The past few weeks have been a roller coaster for me in my farm search. I told you how we put the offer in on that farm we loved, and then they took the house off the market, which was very heartbreaking for us. Well, the owners of that farm have found a property they love and called my realtor to see if we are still interested. Of course we are, but why do they have to toy with my emotions!
We had to wait almost 2 weeks to see if they could figure out the financing to put an offer in on the property they want. It has been a hard 2 weeks waiting! Then, it finally happened. I got the e-mail last night saying they have put the offer in on the other property, so they are ready to sell the one I want. I am going tomorrow morning before my jumping lesson to put another offer in on the farm we want.
After that, it will be another waiting game to see if the sellers of the other property agree to their offer. They are certainly lucky getting to call all the shots, it's a rare position to be in when selling and buying. Especially when you are buying farms. I will know in approximately 9 days whether or not I will be a new farm owner. I hope I can keep myself together until then!
For now, I will just keep dreaming, and visualizing myself sitting by the pool, margaritas in hand, watching the horses graze in the neighbouring pasture...