Friday, November 9, 2012

Boo Boo Bentley



  Yeah I’m weird.  I know it.  I call all my animals by these strange names and say it in cute annoying voices all the time.  I can’t help it. I luuuuv them.

One of the first things we did when we moved in was get another dog.  Broo has always had a roommate, so moving from my parents I knew he would need a friend.  But, really, it’s just an excuse for me to get another dog because frankly, I LOVE DOGS!  I just can’t get enough of them.

  I saw an ad online for an Aussie rescue that specializes in Lethal White Aussies.  If you don’t know what Lethal White is then I suggest you read one of my very first blog posts regarding the subject.  My old dog Schaeffer was lethal white and deaf.  It all boils down to greedy greedy backyard breeders who want to make money of the beautiful blue merle coats, so they breed a merle female to merle male which creates this genetic recessive trait.  %25 of their puppies will be lethal white. Some are fine, some die, most are deaf or blind.  Many, get turned into the shelters because they can’t find buyers or don’t know how to handle their disability (if you can call it that).

  This is all brings me to tell you about our new(ish now) boy Bentley.  Bentley is what we think to be a mini Aussie/Border Collie.  He is about a year old now.  Bentley is a lethal white, but has %80 of his sight and hearing.  You would never know there is anything wrong with him.  He has neat starburst blue eyes.  We adopted him about a week after we moved in and him and Broo became instant best buddies.  I have never seen two dogs connect like that in such a short time before.  They have matching personalities and I think that really helped.  They chase each other for hours, play tug of war, then fall asleep spooning.  I kid you not, they SPOON.  It’s so cute it could almost make you sick.






  Bentley has fit right into our lives.  He is the most cuddly dog I have ever owned.  He always wants to snuggle right up to you no matter where you are or what you are doing.  He will lay with his head on your lap and is content to stay there for hours.  He is just this happy little soul who aims to please.  I can’t believe he never had a permanent home before us.  He is such a special little guy.  

dirty
dirty boys!!


ignore my dye job...just a phase lol




 So now we have Broo and Bentley, and at the moment we are actually fostering another lethal white Aussie while she waits for a permanent loving home…but that is another story for another blog post all together!








 Thanks for reading!

8 comments:

  1. Too cute! We have Aussies - they are so smart, it's scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's adorable :)

    I too call my animals by strange names. Herbie has been responding to PoopsyDog lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's adorable :)

    I too call my animals by strange names. Herbie has been responding to PoopsyDog lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i call my animal strange names to so your not alone :)

    your too dogs look so cute together :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pics just make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad your back! Bentley is such a great find! Lucky you :)
    I love that you have rescued and are fostering lethal whites. I hope to rescue a deaf or blind aussie one day. They are such great dogs and this is sooo preventable!
    I will have to go back and read your first post on the subject.
    Funny thing, Boo Boo is one of my pet names for the cats and dogs...goes back to Laverne and Shirley and Boo Boo Kitty!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you have something to share!  I love hearing from readers <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...