Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Guess Who's Back....




Yepp, you got it. Me.  Hard to believe I abandoned this blog for so long.  Makes me really depressed, embarrassed, and shameful.  But hey, I had my reasons.  I knew getting a farm would be a lot of work, but I didn’t realize just exactly how long it would take us to get settled and back to the point where I would have time to write again.   Things have quieted down and I am going to MAKE time.  I’ve been having an incredible summer here, and also some ups and downs.  I need my blog in my life to feel complete.  I no doubt lost some readers over the summer, but those who are still here, I thank you for not abandoning me.

 FYI....still trying to figure out the new platform.. :(

So much has happened in the last few months, I have decided to update everyone slowly and not all at once because I think it will just create one huge massive post that will take hours to read.  I should have enough material to take me through the rest of the month… :)  

I want to start by saying how much happiness farm ownership has brought me.  It has been a long time dream of mine and I am now living the dream.  It’s incredibly hard work, especially when my man is away with work and I am looking after everything by myself for weeks and weeks at a time.  I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world at this moment.  Our farm was really a lucky find.  The people who have seen it and spent time here can not believe what a find we got.  I have to agree.  For what we have, the way it’s set up and move in ready, for the price we paid is just unbelievable really. I am SO thankful for this opportunity in my life.  I really do look around and think…wow, I can not believe I am so lucky to own this and live here.

I have to say I wouldn’t be able to have done the move and start out without my parents.  They have done so much for us over the years and really these last few months I just can not extend my gratitude enough.  They are always there for every little emergency or question we have.  To help bush hog, show us how to open and close the pool, check on the horses, and help with the organization for our first little short course event.  Yes, we have even held a little event here this year!!

I guess what I want to say is that I am truly thankful for this opportunity in life to be here, and for those who have helped us get here, and to those who are reading this and sharing the joys in life with me.  I truly enjoy sharing others joys through their blogs and stories.  I am really happy in life right now, and it is such a good feeling.  For the first time in a long time.

 Let me give you a tour around my new home...

Loads of flowers sprung up...a nice surprise..




my tack locker :)

Sundays at Catori Lane..

This guy showed up...love him.

Looking out the barn...

Through the shelter window...

On a very rainy day!!


The sky is always amazing here!

So country...

Just on fire...


Archie boo boo.

Willy man man

Paradise.

Fall is here...


Friday nights in the feed room...

My feed room...

Look at the collection of geldings...

Willy man!

Rainbows are a regular thing here...




LOVE this one!

Look at these two trouble makers..

11 comments:

  1. Yay! I've missed reading your blog! The farm looks amazing - can't wait to hear about all your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I hate the new platform...:/ but still really happy you're back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you are back! Your home/ farm looks like heaven! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your property looks like a slice of heaven, complete with rainbow frosting. congrats and keep us updated on your progress! I am sure it's a labour of love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tour! So lovely - esp like the rail fencing. My dream someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see that you are back again :) I'll look forwards to reading your posts updating is all. Your farm looks amazing I hope your loving it and having a great time! Thanks for the tour and letting us see, loved the pictures :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the rainbows! Nice to see some parts of Ontario have experienced nice fall weather.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice place and welcome back to the blog world!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back and I look forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back! and congratulations on your new digs and your new hairdo! Looks like you have been quite busy and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your new home looks absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you have something to share!  I love hearing from readers <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...