Monday, December 17, 2012

Oops I Did It Again



  I got another dog.  Got lost in his cute face...oh baby baby.  Yepp, We have the final addition to our farm.  I have been wanting a third dog for quite some time, but was trying hard to be logical and not do anything crazy.  I have developed a crush on Corgis and have been browsing around trying to find any Corgis in need of a good home.  Fortunately for Corgis, they don't seem to be needing homes very often.  I can't afford to spend $1300 on a dog, nor do I really want to to purchase from a breeder.  So, in my boredom I have been browsing Kijiji just looking to see what is out there looking for a home.


You can't resist the face....
 That is when I found this guy; Ozzy.  Ozzy is an 8 month old Australian Cattle Dog looking for a new home, a place in the country perhaps.  Free to a good home. Ahhh....Ozzy.  His adorable little face and seemingly short stature caught my attention.  I really love Blue Heelers.  Broo is a 1/4 Blue Heeler and my parents have a part Heeler too.  They are extremely loyal and loving dogs.

 Ozzy was living the high life in a nice condo in the city.  The only downside for Ozzy is that he is a Cattle dog, and a puppy.  Living in the city just doesn't offer the exercise and energy burning required for these little dogs.  I enquired about Ozzy and exchanged a few texts back and forth with his owner.  A really nice guy who is young and seemed like a good dog owner.

  I took the long drive on Saturday to meet Ozzy.  He was bounding and bitting at my ankles playing the first minute he saw me.  You could tell he was just buzzing with energy but also full of love.  He came home with me and was a good boy on the car ride home.  He sat in the back and seemed a little depressed to be leaving his owner.  Cattle dogs are so loyal this didn't surprise me at all.  I tried to let him sleep and reassure him everything was going to be fine at his new home.





  We got back to the farm and he met Broo and Bentley in the backyard.  A few sniffs here and there but wasted no time in starting a big play match.  They were running, and chasing, barking, tugging, and wrestling within minutes.  Ozzy would have no problem fitting in.  The first night was like the first night with a new baby.  Ozzy didn't sleep a wink.  He barked and barked in his crate.  I let him out and he walked and paced around the bedroom all night.  I think I got about an hours sleep total.  It was a pretty long and tired Sunday for me.  Poor little guy was pretty stressed.

 Thankfully, he only barked a little Sunday night and then went right to sleep in his crate.  I like to crate him at first so he learns a routine and Broo and Bentley can keep routine with nothing bothering them.  Today Ozzy and Bentley have spent the entire day playing.  He is really such a cute little guy.  He seems to like the horses and is enjoying life on the farm here already.





  I'm a lucky girl, here, with my three Aussies.  Thank God I live on a farm.


17 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh is he cute! Lucky you and lucky Ozzy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woof! Woof! I say Ozzy is a very lucky dog. He will LOVE his new life in your farm. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie! Good thing you do have a farm :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie! You will have your hands full with your boys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too am totally smitten with Corgi's and can never find any to adopt (also I can't really have on right now...) but your new dog is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I'm secretly glad you got an Aussie dog instead of a Corgi. I never could get over Corgi's short little, seemingly useless legs, haha. They became popular on my local circuit a few years back and I think they're cute, but never really hopped on the bandwagon.

    Plus now you have three that match. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your newest addition. He is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwwwww! He looks just like my Pig Dog. Heelers are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone!

    LOL @ Julie...

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh he is so cute! My girls would love to come play! To bad we live to far away! lol

    We have an Aussie and a Healer :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great addition to your expanded family. Ozzy looks like a real winner!
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is the cutest "Oops" I've ever seen. Looks like Ozzy is in great company!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All your dogs are so beautiful! Congrats on your new addition. I always wanted a Blue Heeler but never the right space for one. My family has Aussie Shepherds and I love them to death.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your new addition - he is so beautiful! What a face! So kissable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. He is super cute and he won the lottery coming to live with you! I have to wonder if his first owners did ANY research at all before they got him - an ACD is the LAST breed of dog I would ever think a city/apartment home should consider.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ozzy is super cute and one lucky pup to live on a farm with a loving family.
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you have something to share!  I love hearing from readers <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...