Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Few Pics From My Past Eventers


  I found some old pictures in my parents barn and took some iphone scans (pictures) of them to save on my computer.  I thought I would share them with you guys here.

  The first few are my first event horse Westie, at our first event which we won somehow!  This horse was an absolute superstar and if I had known more then or could have him now, he would be a definite Rolex horse.  He had never evented but had so much jumping training that I just had to point him at them and he figured them out.  He took me to Prelim and jumped those courses like they were entry. He was a hot hot hot head and often we could only walk on a loose rein to warm up for stadium and cross country.  He was an OTTB and raced until he was 9.  He was just a little guy at 15.2, but he had the presence of Charisma and taught me everything I know about eventing, and love for Thoroughbreds.  He is so similar to Archie that we often call Archie Westie by mistake after all these years.  I had him until he passed at the age of 23.  We did one last event at Training level when he was 21 where he jumped the only double clear.  I have more pics to get on my computer and I will share his whole story at that time.


Our first event, flying.  I believe around 1997?

He always was at least 2' above the fences.



Here we are flying in the warm up ring.

This is my old horse Bobby.  I sold him several years back.  He is a registered Appaloosa.  He evented Training level.

A pony I had Lotto.  She was a pretty little hunter that sadly developed severe founder.  My vet now owns her and obviously she could never have a better home!

9 comments:

  1. Such love pictures can't wait to hear more :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Westie was still able to event at 21, sounds like he really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woof! Woof! I showed this to my dad. He used to ride and go on competition. Funny he still have his old riders hat. Old photos brings so much fun memories. Great horses LOVE the name Lotto. Golden Thanks for sharing. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome post. Westie sounds like an awesome little horse. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun to look back at old pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. From a former equestrian...I loved this stroll down Memory Lane! I just recently scanned a bunch of photos of my horses and I to post on my Facebook page. Love it!

    Quick question - I have a good friend who has a Quarter Horse mare who needs a trained and experienced rider/trainer to work with. She can no longer give the girl the work she needs...do you know of anyone in NY who may be looking for a beautiful, smart, but stubborn mare to work with? She is looking to sell her, but only to the right, caring, and experienced person. You can drop me an Email at FiveSibes(at)gmail(dot)com. Thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you have something to share!  I love hearing from readers <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...