Monday, January 28, 2013

My Catori Lane Cross Country Course


  As I mentioned last month, we held a short course event at our farm in late October.  For those of you who are not familiar with short course, I will give you the just of it.  A short course event includes a dressage test, followed by a shortened stadium course which continues onto a shortened cross country course, then re enters the stadium ring and finishes there.  They are a great start for those wanting to try eventing without going to an actual three phase event.  

  We chose to make introductory levels for various reasons; easier to build, more popular, and a good way to bring "outsiders" into the world of eventing.  The levels we built were 18", 2', and 2'6".  The lowest level "Grasshopper" was meant to be a very simple yet eventing course.  We wanted small and inviting yet not boring with the same ol log after log thing you normally see at this level.

 I built almost this entire course on my own.  It was built in about two weeks and mostly with materials laying around the property.  It came together so nicely and I am very happy to have this at home for schooling!  This year I plan to build an Entry (2'9" level).  Not to mention some BIG schooling fences!

 Here's the course;

Grasshopper on the left and Start/Pre Entry on the right.


Grasshopper on left, start/pre-entry on right.

Pre Entry

this is after someone stepped on it and pulled it apart lol

Starter

Pre Entry

Grasshopper

Pre Entry

Pre Entry

Grasshopper/Starter

Pre Entry

Starter/Grasshopper

Starter

Grasshopper stone wall.
Pre Entry on a little hill
   

I can't wait to build more and have two more Short Course Events this year!  Do you want to come schooling?


10 comments:

  1. Fun! Those obstacles are Mexi-sized!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Good work - can't wait to see the action!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so awesome! you've done really well. If I lived closer to you this is deffo something that I would like to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a really excellent job on your course!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mike and I are planning to build an XC course at home during the spring, and these photos were great for ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is really neat and creative! Would love to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I wasn't 3.5 hours away, I would love to come play! That little brush box is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you have something to share!  I love hearing from readers <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...