Thursday, March 28, 2013

Another Show Hosting Success - And the Miracles of Technology



 This Sunday was the second edition of the Belcarra Stables Indoor Hunter Schooling show that my friend Alayne and I ran.  We had an ever bigger turnout than the last show, but things managed to run smoothly.  We finally had a bit of the melt, and although her outdoor ring was a bit frozen in the morning, by afternoon it was great and people were able to warm up outside, making things a lot easier for us space wise.  There were some new horses and faces from the area that I have never seen.  Some definite drool worthy horses too.  Possibly the most amazing thing I saw that day, however, happened ring side.

  I was watching the 2'0 ft hunter division while being the whipper in, and noticed a man taking pictures or video of the young girl on the nice grey in the ring.  When I looked closer, I saw that this was not just a video.  He was face timing.  I could see the face of a woman on the screen, watching her daughter showing in the ring.  Through the power of the iPhone, this woman was able to see the joy and excitement in her daughter that day, while not being able to be there physically.  I honestly got a little teary eyed.  What an absolutely brilliant idea.  Your family could be on the other side of the world, and never have to miss another important day in your childs life.  I love it.  I can totally embrace the good things technology can bring us.  Whether it's a horse show, play, or hockey game.  You can be there when work and life would normally prevent you from being there.  I had never thought of using it for shows. %100 goodness!

 Our day ran smoothly despite the influx of competitors.  Having the outdoor ring for warm up definitely made things easier.  Everyone had good rides, and the riders seemed to really enjoy themselves.  We had a lot of positive feedback, and we are going to continue the series next winter.  Next on the list, is a little dressage show at Alaynes in a few weeks.  I really think people are loving being able to get out and do something so early in the season.  It has been a long, dark, winter here in Canada this year.  A few bright days here and there make all the difference.

 Enjoy the photos, courtesy of my boarder Susan Dall unless otherwise noted :)

Dana and Q rockin it

Kristina and Paige

Michael and Faith - his first time riding her.

Tonya and Superman

Just adorable
Emma and James Bond

Erica and her son James, with Destiny

Heather and Boom

Dana and Quartz



I WANT this horse...very big guy.

Adorable Appy

8 comments:

  1. Love the pics! Sounds like a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not kidding about the beautiful horses!
    Great job on your show. :) Looks like everyone was having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cool that you can host a show (a lot of work but still cool!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the appy - he's so fuzzy and looks very huggable. Glad your shows went well. I love the idea of a nice casual dressage show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, what a great show! Fantastic horses and riders and so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like it was a lot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you have something to share!  I love hearing from readers <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...