Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Blyth Tait


Do you know the name? Blyth Tait.  Only one of the most accomplished International eventers in the world.  Someone I watched over and over again on my Badminton, Burgley, and Olympic VHS videos growing up as an eventing crazed teen.  He is a simply amazing rider, and talented horsemen.  His resume includes Olympic Gold Medallist and Multiple World Champion.  And THAT, is the short of it.

 Why am I posting about this amazing eventing horsemen you might ask?  Well, officially, as of yesterday, my friend Alayne and I have been signed up to clinic with this superstar at the end of June!!

  I am so excited, I can hardly contain myself.  Eventing Canada has really laid down the gauntlet this year, offering great clinicians such as; Lucinda Green, Pat Burgess, Leslie Law, Clayton Fredericks, and none other than New Zealands second most famous eventer; Blyth Tait.

  Have you ever had a big name rider who you thought you would just "mesh" with?  Well Blyth is that rider for me.  I have admired him since I was 13.  Studied his riding, memorized his horses, and dreamed of working for him.  I feel like a little school girl again.  Well not again.  I never felt like a little school girl when I was a little school girl.  I was a tough little horse girl who got made fun of for riding ponies.  Now I am a 29 year old upper level eventer wannabe with a funny horse. Poor Blyth.

 I am especially excited about riding with Blyth because he once had a horse named Chesterfield who was extremely bold and reminds me a bit of Archie.  I would love to hear his perspective on this and also, maybe try and convince him to hop on.  I have already had Sinead Halpin ride him.  I would LOVE to get Tait on to tell me what he thinks.

  So, until July rolls around, I will be studying my old VHS's, watching You Tube videos of Blyth's clinics, and awaiting the day when my inner teenager excitement can finally be let out.  YA!







This post is day 2, letter B of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge.  
Posts are theme based on the corresponding alphabet letter, starting with A on April 1st.  Sundays are skipped. 
 The last blog post should finish the challenge on the 30th of April 2013. 
 If you would like to learn more about the A to Z Challenge, please visit this site.   }





16 comments:

  1. Good for you!! That's so VERY AWESOME!!
    Connie #133
    A to Z Challenge.
    Peanut Butter and Whine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting! I will stop by your blog soon, by the name I think I will enjoy it :) Two of my favorite things...

      Delete
  2. Congrats looking forward to reading all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is sooo exciting!! I can't wait to hear more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nosied my way over from Carly @ Poor Woman Showing and LOVE your first post. That clinic is going to be deadly, I can well understand why you are so excited and cannot wait to read all about how you get on and follow your adventures in general!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun post! Have a wonderful time! Happy A-to-Z 2013! ~Angela, Whole Foods Living

    ReplyDelete
  6. A bit afraid of horses ... they have never done me anything ... they are so big when standing next to them. So happy for you and what an adventure - thanks for a great and funny post .. good luck with the challenge and the riding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excited for you! I'm thoroughly impressed by the lineup this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it good?? Need to win the lottery...

      Delete
  8. That is going to be fun! He seems like a really good instructor. I know it's a couple of months from now, but please share with us some of the stuff you learn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I will be definitely getting video and sharing all his tips!!

      Delete
  9. Exciting! So cool that he is coming to your area. My daughter got to ride with Leslie Law last summer at an event camp - it was thrilling to me just to watch him instruct and ride.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so excited for you! I'm more of a trail-ride-on-the-weekend type of gal, so I'm looking forward to reading all about the clinic!

    Random Ramblings
    The Life of Lisa
    Maple Grove Cemetery

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you have something to share!  I love hearing from readers <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...