Sunday, April 21, 2013

Quartz




  Quartz is my best buddies horse.  She is a Tbd/Percheron mare that my friend Dana purchased about 3 years ago.  Quartz is a pretty Dapple grey.  She looks like a typical nice Percheron cross, but under that guise is a jumping machine with a jump launch like a rocket.  Throughout the past three years I have watched them blossom from a new team, to a confused pair, to an uncertain pair, to an amazing pair.  Overcoming disappointment, fear, and heartbreak.

 This post is dedicated to my bestest friend Dana and all the hard work she has done with her girl Quartz.  She has worked so hard, taken all of the good advice she has been given from different people to heart, ignored the bad, and overcome obstacles that would have stunted others. 

  I can't wait to see what the future holds for you two.  I am so proud of you Dane!


**All photos mine unless listed on photo - credits as signatures **













 Here we are doing hunter pairs; somehow came 4th: 




{ This post is day 17, letter Q of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge.  
Posts are theme based on the corresponding alphabet letter, starting with A on April 1st.  
Sundays are skipped. 
 The last blog post should finish the challenge on the 30th of April 2013. 
 If you would like to learn more about the A to Z Challenge, please visit this site.  }



5 comments:

  1. Pretty horse! I love draft crosses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quartz is gorgeous! I love the jumping photos - so graceful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is gorgeous - may Dana & Q have many more happy years together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pictures, congrats to you and your friend. I need to pass your blog link along to my SIL who's a horse person too.


    A-Z

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you have something to share!  I love hearing from readers <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...