Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Abydos Hunter Schooling Show


  A few weeks back I took William to his first hunter show.  We showed in the Novice division which was for horses or riders in their first year of showing.  We had 2 flat classes and a cross rails class.  I had some wicked video evidence of this day but sadly the Mr dropped my video camera in the pool after the show and that was the end of that.  If anyone knows where I can pick another one up cheap - let me know!

 William was a super pony, well mannered and did a bang up job in the ring.  We placed 4th, 3rd, and 2nd in our classes, only beat out by some seasoned hunters carting some fine little kidlet riders around.  Damn those kids, they are always near impossible to beat! 

 It was a great day, and I think William enjoyed showing his stuff over fences.  To bad there is no proof....no, I'm not bitter about the camera ;) I hope to do a bunch more hunter shows with him this year.  Since there are no pictures of us, I will share the pictures of all my friends showing in the real divisions that day.  It was a gorgeous hot day and since it has been raining for almost 2 weeks straight it seems like an eternity ago.  Please come back sunny horse show weather!

Pam S and Riley

Alayne and Gracie

Pam C and Winston



Heather and Boomer


















7 comments:

  1. Oh too bad you did not have any photos. When the weather is good my mom suppose to watch a horse show, place I was born. They cancelled it many times as the ground is muddy. Love the photos of your friends. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...really sucks about the camera. I would be so mad!! I LOVE the gray in your photos!!!! Cute, cute jumper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos, the grey under the tree is just LUSH!
    Great to hear that your day out with William went so well, yay for frillies! Pity about the camera, :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear bout the camera! That completely sucks, I can imagine how you felt when that happened. In the UK theres a website called Cexchange, that you can get good quality cameras but they are second hand in good condition, I've never used them but my brother has!

    Sounds like it went really well with William!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay hunters! Yes do more hunter shows, they are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boo about the camera!!! Love all the other pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! I've always wanted to show in a grass ring.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you have something to share!  I love hearing from readers <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...