Monday, December 23, 2013

Ice Ice Baby



  Well, we survived the ice storm that ripped through Ontario for the last few days.  We were really lucky and didn't lose power once (knock on wood).  Some people in Toronto and Kingston are still without power and may not be up and running until after Christmas.  I am hoping everyone can stay safe and keep their spirits high during this trying time.

  We were pretty well prepared should anything have happened.  Lots of extra water for us and the horses.  Gas in the cars and extra in the garage.  Plenty of candles and flashlights, batteries.  I had the heat cranked the night before the storm in case we lost power...at least we would have had a head start on staying warm!



  We were lucky, no downed trees, no downed hydro lines, just a whole lotta ice.  We spent the last two days clearing ice and snow from our property.  It took about 3 hours just to plough the driveway. Since I was pretty much housebound for two days, I took some time to finish wrapping gifts and getting the house ready for Christmas.  I also got to have some fun out in the icey snow with the dogs.








  We are only 2 days from Christmas now, and I have a few days off work which is much needed.  To my excitement last week I received my Secret Santa gift from our horse blogger gift exchange; a beautiful OTTB brush!  I have been coveting these for some time so needless to say I was pretty excited!  I also received my gift for the pet blogger exchange a few weeks ago, but it has been tucked under the tree for Broo, Bentley and Ozzy waiting for Christmas day.  I sent off my packages last week so hopefully they make it to their people and pets before the big night!


love

xmas mail!

  The incoming mail has been really fun to open....many beautiful cards and some new blogs to check out and follow in the new year.  There is something about the blogging community during the holidays that makes me feel all warm inside.  Hoping everyone is relaxed and prepped for the next few days.  I'm going to have a few glasses of wine this evening to make sure I am extra relaxed ;)


Mia the border.


Little Sugarfoot






Mya and Liam


11 comments:

  1. Your dogs are super cute! Glad you didn't lose power. I don't mind snow and ice as long as the power stays on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same....No power or the super cold, like below-20...I can't handle!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a relief you didn't lose power. Even though you seemed quite prepared, it's still not very fun. I loved the video of the dogs. They are really quite beautiful, their coloring is really gorgeous. What fun they were having!
    Merry Christmas! Enjoy the wine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are all good dogs...keep me sane!

      Delete
  4. I deleted the first one because there was a terrible typo, "there" instead of "their" rookie mistake :)
    (if you were wondering)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was wondering how you were doing as I knew your area was hit hard. Glad your area wasn't hit too hard. We were lucky in the Ottawa area, that we didn't get that much of it. [Compared to last year when we had a huge storm on the 21st that left us in the cold and dark for 72 hours - we have a generator now so things would be much nicer]. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised Ottawa faired OK, they usually get the crap end of all the weather. A generator is on the must buy list for next year though!

      Delete
    2. We went without power for 72 hours in the winter and 95 hours in the summer, so a generator was a must.
      We received your parcel today, thank you very much. We will blog about it after the holidays. Merry Christmas! Lee and Phod

      Delete
  6. OMG I love that brush! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dogs and the snow make for some amazing pictures!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you have something to share!  I love hearing from readers <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...