It has been about a week since I brought Miss Piggy home and I am thoroughly enjoying her presence in the barn. She is fairly friendly although a little shy, really talkative and makes me laugh on the daily.
So far I have learnt the following about my pot bellied big;
- Straw is needed in a big pile for burrowing. Miss Piggy likes her straw pile in the corner. She nests in there throughout the day and night. She also has a sleeping bag over top she can curl into for extra warmth.
- She does not get cold even at -15. She is very warm to the touch.
- She wags her tail when she is happy, i.e. eating :)
- She comes out when you call her.
- She drinks water like a horse.
- She makes grunting noises when she eats, drinks, or wants attention.
- Miss Piggy has a spot where she goes to the bathroom. She never goes anywhere else. Her stall takes under two minutes to clean.
- She does not smell contrary to what many people were thinking.
- She eats almost anything, but she doesn't like orange peels.
- She likes to use many things as scratching posts.
- She can twerk. Video below (LOL)
This is all new territory for me so I am just sharing what I have observed and will continue to do so along the way. I have found there isn't a lot of information about Pot Bellied pigs online that involves hands on experience so hopefully I will be able to offer it to anyone looking.This is part of the Farm Girl Friday Blog Hop hosted by deborah jean's DANDELION house!