Friday, January 24, 2014

For The Love of Browbands




  Blinged out browbands are the latest fashion, but what if I were to tell you this is not a new fad?  Some of you probably know that already, and some of you may be surprised to hear that the blinged out browband has been around for long before I started riding.  Long before I was born even!

  The browbands were a bit different then, instead of diamonds they were covered in layered ribbons of your favourite colours.  I remember I did my first bridle in purple and green when I was just 7 years old. I have always been one for flair.


my original and favourite bling - even though my bridle is pieced together with different bridles...

  Several years ago my mom was given a true bling browband, complete with Swarovski crystals.  Her past coach was gifted it while competing in the Grand Prix at the Royal Winter Fair at the time.  It was a bit too much for her back then and she handed it over to me.  I happily slapped it on my bridle and away I went.  Who knew 7 years later it would be one the biggest trends in horsey fashion.

  Since then, I have collected a few more nice browbands.  I have the ODB (Original Diamond Bling), the lesser of the bling but still nice diamond browband, Williams red and orange fire diamond browband by Pink Equestrian (also a hand me down from my mom), and my newly acquired browband for my cross country bridle - with blue and silver beading!  My coach made this browband - her website here.  The perfect finish for my overly co-ordinated cross country outfit.


Ace wearing my simple bling


William in the orange/fire bling

my new cross browband


  I like most bling browbands, but not all of them.  I like them simple, and the ones that match the horses colour tone also.  Not a fan of the crazy wild bling myself.

   Are you down with the bling? Yay or Neigh?

25 comments:

  1. I love the bling. In fact, I have a collar for Koira made by a woman who does mainly blinged out browbands and other horse stuff along those lines. It is the most awesome, well made collar I own. By Dream Horse Studios, in case you want to check them out. I'm in no way affiliated with them, I just really love the collar I got.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome thanks for the link....will check it out!

      Delete
  2. It depends, there are some crazy bling browbands out there! I like simple and clean, a little bit of bling is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for bling as long as it doesn't distract from the overall picture of the horse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it when it is complimentary and not overpowering.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love bling! Can't get away with it, but still love it. Your new cross one is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh I bet you could get away with a little ;)

      Delete
  6. I draw my line at fancy-stitch (and I LOVE fancy stitch). I think it looks so classy on other people's horse's (your included;), but It's just a little much for me:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like fancy stitch tooo, on a nice hunter bridle.

      Delete
  7. I am a little conservative when it comes to browbands. I haven't branched into the land of bling yet and I am not sure I will but I can totally appreciate when it works for a horse. When it is the right color leather/ bling it can be very complimentary! :) Love your new cross country browband.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My trainer made a few beaded browbeads that look nice. For me, I like things more conservative with no tack very flashy, but I would be okay with wearing the simple browband you have or something that doesn't stick out and distract too much from the horse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also like the less is more approach.

      Delete
  9. I've done ribbons on my browbands a LOT... especially when riding in parades. But I love my blingy browbands nowadays. Makes it easy to ID whose bridle is whose too...

    ReplyDelete
  10. http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr323/dom_n/Halloween%202009/blogIMG_6252.jpg
    Ozzy had a fancy browband AND noseband when we went as Canadians riding moose for Halloween one year...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats exactly the type of browband I was talking about!

      Delete
  11. I like the idea of bling but just can't jump behind blinged browbands for myself lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never seen those on the trail horses out here in the west. They look cool, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trail horses would look good with some Native beading :)

      Delete
  13. I do like a nice bit of Bling in moderation, I'm sponsored by Charleys Browbands so have acquired some pretty ones from her :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with what other said; bling looks nice as long as it isn't overpowering. Unfortunately, my Fjord mare can't pull off the blinged browband look with her monster forelock.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you have something to share!  I love hearing from readers <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...