Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year - Welcome 2014 & The Pet Blogger Gift Exchange



  We rang in the new year here in mad style - passed out on the couch from this insane cold I have and maybe one too many appetizers.  I didn't make it to midnight, I tried, but I just couldn't.  Ah well, maybe next year!  The thrill of New Years Eve is sort of lost on me.  I prefer to celebrate New Years Day.  A new year starting is always exciting. A new number to remember, a fresh start, promises to yourself, a new season of eventing to plan for...the countdown until spring, a day off from work!  What's not to like?

  I sadly did have to work the last few days so the hubs has been home hanging out with the dogs.  They have been having a ball with all their goodies they got for Christmas.  


 As part of the Pet Blogger Gift Exchange, I was paired up with Hailey and Zaphod of the Hailey and Zaphod Chronicles.  It was fun to be paired up with a blog I hadn't discovered before.  I love meeting new people through the blogosphere.  I learned about Hailey and Zaphod and also discovered that they were adopted through the Catahoula Rescue here in Ontario, and I actually adopted a dog from there years ago!  Long time followers will also know I was the proud owner of two Catahoulas for a few years

 The doggies got a cute little horse head stuffie (that they instantly went crazy for), some really cute little doggie magnets, a nice Christmas dinner mat (which I hilariously also sent to them in their package!), and lots and lots of yummy treats!  It was really fun participating in the Pet Blogger Gift Exchange and will surely be joining in again next year!


fighting for the horse stuffie!

mine...all mine!


Broo was loving these!




  Wishing everyone a very happy and healthy 2014.  My annual year end recap and 2014 goals are coming up on the blog in the next week.  Let's have us a great 2014.

11 comments:

  1. After too many years New Years' eve has become a ritual where you meet with old friends, however New Years Day is a sobering experience in more ways than one. A time when you sort things out. My son leaves to go back to New Zealand tomorrow and I have to go to work which will be difficult to charge up after being away so much. Looking forward to your recap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed all the treats! Saw the horse and couldn't resist:) Lee and Phod

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like new years day better than new years eve, but really don't care for either of them! Did enjoy cleaning today to "start fresh" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you! I enjoys New Year' Day more than NYE too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great gifts! Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pups look very happy...Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very lovely concept and the gift was so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you have something to share!  I love hearing from readers <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...