Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Penny Update After Acupressure



  I received Penny's acupressure report via e-mail.  A neat visual to have to see where she reacted and compare with her next visit.  The acupressurist will be out February 1st to do her again and also do William.  I have been doing my homework on her religiously before every ride, and also doing it on William.



 The palpating techniques I have been doing relax them both immensely before I put the saddle on. I have also been doing a few stretches from my book "The Injury Free Horse",  co written by none other than the great William Fox Pitt.  I've had this book for a while and although I have read it several times, I wish  had of absorbed the information a little better.  There is so much good info in here.  Judging a horse for soundness, palpating, massage, stretching, and stable management techniques.  If it works for WFP, then hey, it's good enough for me! Seriously though, trying to study and learn this now.







  So far I have noticed both horses are feeling much better.  I have been riding in my jumping saddle or my moms dressage saddle.  They each had some time off and now their backs are feeling much better.  Both have been much happier under saddle.  I have had some really good rides this week.  I am not working them too hard, just keeping them going and hoping to build up those muscles that were sore and possibly damaged.  Things are looking positive...hopefully it continues this way.

  I have a lesson on Sunday along with a saddle fitting afterwards.  Fingers crossed it goes smoothly and who knows, maybe I will be able to start looking for a new - and properly fitting dressage saddle.  The horses (and me) will be much happier in the end for it.


happy Pen

happy Will

17 comments:

  1. I've really got to learn some stretching and massage stuff for Henry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shyloh loves those hind leg stretches! She already has her leg up for me when I go around to the other side and she leans into them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They must make her feel so good! My guys do that with the front leg ones!

      Delete
  3. I am going to look into this for me. I have a bad back and knees
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Worth a shot, I have noticed an improvement!

      Delete
  4. Saddle fitting can be such a nightmare (Gracie is one of those seriously hard-to-fit horses, will probably have to go custom for her!). Hope it all comes together quickly for you! And it is worth the effort to do the stretches, isn't it? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...its definitely worth the time!

      Delete
  5. Oooh, I've never heard of that book. Wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a great book! I may need to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I have a quick question I wanted to ask you about your blog, do you think you could send me an email when you get this? Thanks! Tiffany
    tpham(at)dropcam(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The horse chiro definitely noticed the difference between Carlos and other horses in the barn due to my doing regular stretching and massage with him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really interesting...I do believe it helps.

      Delete
  9. Great book! There is so much knowledge out there just trying to sort through it can be overwhelming let alone learning it all. Horses are definitely a lifetime of learning. Glad your guys are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There really is so much information out there..

      Delete
  10. This is so wonderful! I am so glad it is helping. I am a big fan of preventative and non-invasive techniques!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you have something to share!  I love hearing from readers <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...