Monday, March 24, 2014

Another Hunter Schooling Show Hosting in the Books - Parkers First Show!

Parker making friends

  Alayne and I hosted our second indoor schooling show of the year at her farm this Sunday.  I have blogged about these plenty before so I will spare you all the details - typical hunter schooling show - lots of cute ponies and kids, and some nice horses.  Good turn out, a fun day.  Too cold for my liking, but we were lucky to still have a decent attendance despite the horrible winter we have had.  We can't really complain there.

  This show was a little more special because Parker got to come, and it was his first show!  He has been off property once or twice before, and was a very good boy for his first outing!  He went over Saturday night and had a ride around the arena.  He was fresh but still very good for Jess.  In the morning when I went over before the show started he was happily resting in his stall.  He had his breaky before Jess arrived, and then after some time he went out for an early morning warm up.  He went right over all the fences like a brave boy and was fairly respectable, not getting too excited.


Parker and Archie catching up

My two big bays!
 Parker was entered in the cross rail class.  Two over fences classes and one flat class.  Dana was also showing with Archie, and Archie and Parker had a nice visit together in between classes.  Both these boys went great.  Parker ended up with a 3rd and a 2nd over fences, and a 4th on the flat (after he spooked and bolted down the long wall hehe).  I am so thrilled with how well Parker went.  He is really one cool horse.  He is still fairly green but everything comes to him easily.  He is a real trier and I am very excited about his future.  Jessica did a great job riding him and for that I am very grateful!


Looking legit grown up!


The boys and ladies with their loot!
 On Saturday we went to the local tack sale and I saw something I just had to get for Jess - a Pink Optimum Time watch for $40!  I want a blue one, and her colours are pink and black.  Too good of a deal to pass up.  Alayne got a white one for the same price.  Major scores for the day.  Not much else at the sale unfortunately.  Turned out to be a good thank you gift for showing Parker for me.



  Now if we can just get the heat to turn up...I might be able to start riding a bit more at home!

  

9 comments:

  1. Yay for a great show! Parker looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, so proud! ;-) What a good boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the two big bays!! They look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun to see the horses interacting with each other. Glad you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the photo of your two horses together, they look adorable! Aaand the little mini in his big pyjamas hehe...
    And the show looks really well set up from the photos, I love the hay bales and flowers decoration.
    Oh and that's a lovely thank you present :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you have something to share!  I love hearing from readers <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...