Friday, August 8, 2014

Farm Girl Fridays ✫ #8 - How to fill Fly Spray Bottles


 Hello readers and thanks for stopping by on this beautiful Friday!  I know this isn't limited to farm girls but it is a definite necessity when you are on the farm - fly spray!  When you go through a lot of fly spray like I do, you may want to consider buying the big jugs to help save on the almighty dollar.  I usually buy the 1 gallon for $32 bucks and can get about 4 or 5 of the regular size fly spray bottles filled.


  I don't know about you but I hate wasting - money and the product.  Especially when it comes to fly spray.  Sure, you could use a funnel but who has one of those lying around?  I mean my garage is only about 3 feet from my tack room but I'm lazy and I wanted to be innovative.  This is my method of filling fly spray bottles to eliminate wastigggeee budddy (think Pauly Shore) hehe.

 Step 1 

  Ever wonder what to do with those wasted empty Vetwrap rolls? Other than make awesome mini binoculars to creep on your neighbors?  Keep them stashed to help you with this project!  Take the used roll and shove it onto the top of your empty fly spray bottle like so;


some high tech shit right here

a work of art really

Step 2

  Use both hands - one to hold the bottle and the other to pour.  This might take some skills.  Pour the liquid directly into the tube.




Step 3 

 Recap the jug, and place the sprayers back in your bottle.  No fuss -  no mess!  Just freshly filled fly spray bottles.  Ahh..what's not to love about that?


just cause' handsome golden baby!



7 comments:

  1. Genius! Both the Pauly Shore reference and the how to fill a fly spray bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, glad I'm not the only one with cheapie fly spray and duct tape on my bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genius! Hate that toxic schmere getting all over my hands. (even though apparently I don't mind breathing it in during application lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a big fan of your use of the vet wrap tube! Never though about of that ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you have something to share!  I love hearing from readers <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...